If you ‘ve already signed the Covenant, you do not need to sign it again.
Please read the Covenant, and fill out the form below if you agree to abide by the guidelines. This form only needs to be filled out once, it is in effect for all our in-person gatherings during the pandemic.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, I promise, with God’s help and to the best of my ability, to abide by the guidelines of the Diocese of New Jersey and of the State of New Jersey for participation in the life of my congregation according to the regathering phase in which my congregation is authorized to carry out its mission and ministry.
In fulfillment of our Baptismal Covenant, I will strive to:
Love my neighbor as myself
• Wear a mask over my nose and mouth at all times in church buildings, except momentarily to receive the sacrament or lead worship through an assigned speaking part.
• Only attend worship and receive communion if I am healthy and non- symptomatic with the novel coronavirus or any other transmittable disease that could compromise the health of another congregant;
Respect the dignity of every human being
• Make no physical contact with people beyond the members of my own household.
• Maintain a six foot or more distance from others in the congregation.
• Respect any requests for distance, masking, cleaning, to ensure the safety and comfort level of others, even as restrictions are reduced. In particular I will clean my pew as I exit, and if I use the restroom, I will not leave the hallway, and I will wipe down the door knob and all surfaces with a disinfectant wipe before I leave the restroom.
Seek and serve Christ in all people
• Trust and support the decisions of our congregational leaders.
• Stay connected with others in my community by telephone, email, video chat, or mail.